The Barefoot Photographer®

a photography blog

Sunday, November 7, 2010

I Lost It At The CLub -- post mortem


Eight weeks ago I signed on to a weight loss/get in shape class at a local gym.  It was a busy time for me -- but I did it anyway.  The weigh in and start of the class was the same as the start of Slow Exposures and John Bennette's show at the barn (more on this coming VERY soon I promise).

The trainer -- MC -- was great -- she reminded us on week 2 or 3 (I forget it was such a blur) that she was not there to make friends but to get us in shape!  Yikes -- but she was good at what she does.  She did work muscles on my body that seemed to have not been used in a while.  There where days I was sore -- and I was sore for days after working out with her.

In the end I learned to LOVE my elliptical again, lost 8 pounds, and figured out I love salty food way more than sweets.  This has made me rethink a lot of what I have been doing and to make time to spend on the elliptical.  I bought hand weights!  Look out!  When I am loading photos onto the computer -- I am working my triceps.  Also this was an opportunity to meet a bunch of wonderful, supportive women.  I knew one other person in this group when we started.

The older I get, the more I realize that to keep my body moving for decades to come -- I need to move my body!  Thank you MC!

No comments:

Blog Top Sites

Arts Blogs