The Barefoot Photographer®

a photography blog

Sunday, August 5, 2007

Feet Photos

Where are you going? Where have you been? Kind of sounds like Forest Gump, doesn't it? I like to take photos of my feet. I know I am not the only one. It shows where I am going and reminds me of where I have been.

Taking photos of your feet on vacation is a fun way to record a fun time. When I work with the kids at art camp – some times I have them take photos of their feet (or hand) for a "self-portrait." One day I ran into a former student in the grocery store with his mom. She told me how he had taken photos of his feet on a recent vacation. The family did it – they had fun – and they recorded a fun time.

My "barefoot" photo is my logo. Ever since I was a little girl I have enjoyed going barefoot. When I get home from running errands – the first thing I do when I enter the house is take off my shoes. When I was a teen I used to drive barefoot (I never could drive in those high heels I wore!) In thinking of a name, an identity, a description of me and my photography – "barefoot" was it.

The barefoot photo on this page was almost an accident. I was walking down the deck steps to the back yard for another round of "chase the butterflies from bush to bush" and when I looked down and spied the texture of the steps and my feet – I had to take the shot. Originally it was in color – as are 98% of my photos – but I felt black and white shows more texture of the steps, my feet, and my jeans – color would only be a distraction in this photo.

Taking a photo of your feet does not mean you have to be barefoot. Many people are in love with shoes – why not take a series showing your favorite shoes doing "their" favorite things? Have fun with it – and think what a great wall display it would make.

No comments:

Blog Top Sites

Arts Blogs