The Barefoot Photographer®

a photography blog

Thursday, April 7, 2011

One Week

Nature Undisturbed 2010

In one week and a couple days, Nature Undisturbed 2011 opens at Dogwood Gallery and Framer.  It is hard to believe it is time for the show to open.  We have been spending months preparing for it and here it is.

It is also hard to believe that I first wrote about the show on this blog in December, 2008 when we were preparing for our first one -- with a VERY short time for a call for entries!  This is the third year and bigger and better than ever.  The show will only continue to grow.

One of my favorite things about the show is meeting photographers.  The first year I remember meeting two photographers from Louisiana.  One is part of a photography group in the New Orleans area and the other had not entered a show before.  This year I have met another photographer -- from Nashville -- who had not entered a show before.  She has two in Nature Undisturbed and they are photos to stood out to me when I logged in the entries back in January.  

This morning I delivered the program to the printer.  There is still one last photo that needs to get to Dogwood by Saturday.  I am anxiously waiting to see the gallery ready for opening.  The photo above shows the gallery during the judge's walk through last year.  You can see that the photos all have a number and no names or titles on them.  This is how the judge sees them to choose the winners.  But if the photographers in this show are anything like me -- I feel like a winner when I am juried into a great show.  

I hope everyone reading this comes out to see the photos.  When you do, be sure to vote for your favorite.  The People's Choice winner will receive a nice gift certificate courtesy of Lensbaby!  (I love my Lensbaby as you all know)  This award will be announced at the Panel Discussion on April 30 at 2pm.


No comments:

Blog Top Sites

Arts Blogs