The Barefoot Photographer®

a photography blog

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Deliverance


Driving around on a Sunday afternoon you can find subject matter.  The above photo was taken on Highway 85 in Senoia, Georgia.  I drove past it.  Thought about it.  Kept going.  Thought again.  Then started looking for a good place to turn around to go back.  

The thing that urged me the most to turn around was that I had my wide angle zoom lens with me.  Directly behind me was a small barrier/fence type thing.  A couple feet beyond that was the road.  If I had not been shooting this with the wide angle, I would not have been able to fit the whole van in the photo.  At least from this side.  And this was the side I wanted.  I wanted the photo to have the van sitting in front of the church.  From the other side it would have only been the van, then the road, then the house that was on the other side of the highway.

The sky in this photo was nothing -- blah -- washed out -- boring.  That is why you see so little of it.  I found the grave lot interesting.  The patch of grass was a nice touch -- lucky it was there.  I only wish the van had been centered more between the poles -- but hey, you can't have it all.  Come to think of it -- the building is not centered between the poles.


No comments:

Blog Top Sites

Arts Blogs