The Barefoot Photographer®

a photography blog

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Sandhill Cranes

Yesterday I was out running errands and I see hundreds of sandhill cranes flying overhead.  Bummer for me that I only have my iPhone -- as you can tell since I took this yesterday.


While the iPhone camera is great for many things -- to be able to get a good shot of the cranes -- well -- it would have been a waste of time.

So today I am in the house, in the basement, printing a photo. And I hear it. I hear the cranes outside. They have a very distinctive call -- a chortle or kind of rolling trumpet. So up the stairs I go and of course the long zoom lens is not on my camera and it is still in my camera bag. I quickly changed lenses and stepped outside. Standing in the front yard I could hear them, but not see them. I waited and scanned the sky until I see a few compared to the number I saw yesterday. Maybe these are the last in a long line since it took a few minutes to gather my gear in the house.

Here is the one photo I sort of liked from this morning.

a dozen cranes


No comments:

Blog Top Sites

Arts Blogs