The Barefoot Photographer®

a photography blog

Saturday, January 2, 2016

Fredericksburg Trip: Chatham

Last month I visited my hometown Fredericksburg, Virginia. It isn't truly my hometown. I was born there, but grew up on the north side of the Rappahannock River in Stafford County. I always say Fredericksburg when asked since most people have heard of it. Not many know of Falmouth. It was a short trip home for my mother's birthday. I only had a couple mornings free to shoot. My primary spot was Chatham for a view of Fredericksburg at sunrise. 

Fredericksburg and the Rappahannock

St. George's Church

Slate walkway

Entrance gate to Chatham

During the Civil War, Chatham was used as headquarters and hospital for the Union Army. The home was built in 1771 and became part of the National Park Service in 1975.

No comments:

Blog Top Sites

Arts Blogs