The Barefoot Photographer®

a photography blog

Monday, January 4, 2016

Workshops for the New Year!

So, if anyone wonders what I did over the holidays besides edit photos from my trip to Virginia and learn how to use the gadgets on my new car, I worked on my class schedule for photo classes at Turnipseed Farms!

This winter I bring back the popular Beginner Creative Photography class to help you learn how to use your camera. Explore the settings while you stretch your creativity. This class begins February 1 and ends March 21 (8 weeks, Mondays from 10am to noon) -- just in time for spring photos! Each week we cover a new topic and always work through settings and opportunities. 

In addition to BCP, I added -- by request -- Intermediate Photography, (8 weeks, Mondays from 10am to noon) April 4 through May 23. This is a next step for anyone wanting more. Learn what can make a photo memorable and stand out from the crowd. In this new class you accept new challenges to develop projects, create books, critique, and think about exhibits (public or just in your home). It may sound like a lot, but think of it as a kick start to the future. 

IPhone Photography is back May 21 (10am to 2pm), better than ever -- delving into apps and how-to's to make sure you are comfortable creating beautiful images all on the phone. No computer needed! If you saw my Morning Walk exhibit in Columbus last year, more than half of the photos were done with my phone. Come will a fully charged battery and be ready to play!

Students ask me how I edit and why I choose certain looks for my photos. On April 16 (10am to noon), I will present a lecture, How I Edit My Photos, two hours filled with tips and information. This lecture is open to more than my class limit of four. Come loaded with questions and be prepared to take a lot of notes.

Last year I completed my certificate through UCLA Extension's Writers' Program in Creative Writing, Nonfiction. In many of my assignments I used photographs to jar memories and create prose to set s scene or envelop the reader in the story's surroundings. On March 5 (10am to 2pm), I will help you write in response to images you have to craft words to match the scene. These writings can become stories, poems, or just a short piece of prose. If you are interested, Writing in Response to the Image is your class!

All classes, except the lecture, are very (I must stress very) limited in size. If you are interested, send an email with any questions and reserve a spot. I also take on one or two private students at a time and I have openings now. If you are shy or need a flexible schedule, let's talk privately. Classes include my handy take-home class notes. And former students can tell you, I am always available via email to help them.

No comments:

Blog Top Sites

Arts Blogs