The Barefoot Photographer®

a photography blog

Monday, March 17, 2008

Floral Photography Workshop

The workshop at the Fayette Art Center on floral photography and introducing the Lensbaby is all set.

 

April 26 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. I will present a workshop on floral photography.  The class will concentrate on macro techniques to give you those big, bold, extra-close images that are so powerful.   You can email me at donna@thebarefootphotographer.com or call the Fayette Art Center at 770-631-2780 to reserve you spot.   The cost of this one-time special class is $75 for art center members and $95 for non member s.

 

We will begin with a lecture on tips, techniques, and the use of the Lensbaby.  Remember, the Lensbaby is a selective focus SLR lens.  It has a sweet spot of sharp focus – you adjust the composition of your photo to place the sweet spot where you want it.  The rest of the photo is artistic blur.

 

There will also be time for hands on shooting – so bring a camera.  I will have plenty of flower "models" on hand.  The folks at Lensbabies have promised some demo lenses for those of you with an SLR – you get to try one out before you buy.  And even if you buy one – they give have a 30-day return policy.  After everyone has had time to get their shots – we will put them up with my laptop and projector to discuss what works, what doesn't, and ways to improve – even on the good shots.

 

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to email me before the class date.  I have some Lensbaby shots on my Flickr page and on my website I have a page dedicated to the Lensbaby.

 

No comments:

Blog Top Sites

Arts Blogs