The Barefoot Photographer®

a photography blog

Friday, November 13, 2009

From the Barefoot Files...


Since this past Wednesday was Veteran's Day and Tuesday was the Marine Corps birthday I could not think of a better photo to have on the blog than this one of my granddaddy. Last May I wrote about him on the blog. I have written about him a number of times; about his garden, finding arrowheads, about fishing, about walking through the woods with him as a child.


My grandfather enlisted in the Marine Corps in 1922. He continued active service through the late 50's and then civil service into the 70's. I have many photos from his early years in the Marine Corps. He was a good photographer and documented a lot with his camera. I have his camera -- a Kodak Hawkeye -- and his light meter on my desk.

Photobucket

No comments:

Blog Top Sites

Arts Blogs