The Barefoot Photographer®

a photography blog

Friday, September 3, 2010

From the Barefoot Files...


Here I am in the living room of our old house.  We lived in the house until I was about 10 years old.  This photo reminds me of a Sunday night -- hair washed, pajamas on, sitting on the couch waiting for The Wonderful World of Disney to come on.  The chair that is all the way on the right -- just partially -- was the chair the cat always sat in.  If someone would come over and sit in the cat's chair, the cat would sit at their feet and stare at them.

I like this photo a lot.  I like it not so much because it is me -- but it shows a lot of a space I spent a lot of time in as a child.  The chairs, table, couch, and doilies all bring back lots of memories.  Many times we think about preserving photos of people from our past.  Just as important is to preserve and have those photos showing places.  

No comments:

Blog Top Sites

Arts Blogs