The Barefoot Photographer®

a photography blog

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Two Moons

Recently I took a shot of the full moon that I really liked.  I had wanted something like it last month but could not get it to work out.


This is the one from January.  The one that did not quite work for me.  I think it is an OK photo -- but just not what I was looking for.  The issue I had to deal with was a slight wind moving the branches.  The softness of it works.  And I like the bit of clouds obscuring the moon slightly.


This is the shot I took this month.  Similar -- but on a night with no wind and no cloud cover.  I like the crop on this.  I also like the mishmash of tree limbs and branches crisscrossing.  Some of the trees are in focus -- other parts are soft.

I am not sure but I believe both of these photos may not have been taken on the exact full moon -- but pretty darn close.  Now I am thinking how awesome it would be to be able to get moon shots like this for the whole year.


No comments:

Blog Top Sites

Arts Blogs