The Barefoot Photographer®

a photography blog

Friday, September 18, 2009

From the Barefoot Files...


Of all of the old photos I have -- this is one of my favorites. I am not sure if this is my grandfather on the left or a friend and he is taking the photo. It looks like him -- but then not quite. He joined the Marines we he was so very young -- it very well could be him. My grandfather also took a lot of photos. I have quite a few of his that were taken early in his life as a Marine.

I love this view into the barracks. I am not sure where this is or the year it was taken. The starkness of the scene is what I like. The simple cots (who could sleep well on that?), footlockers, boots -- very little in the way of things here. The scene is very simple. The shape of the Quonset Hut and the bits of bright light add to this to make it an interesting photo. Because there are so few people in it -- I think that makes it better.

Photobucket

No comments:

Blog Top Sites

Arts Blogs