The Barefoot Photographer®

a photography blog

Friday, April 9, 2010

From the Barefoot Files...



Vintage photos of people are great to have.  Another subject of the old photos is the homeplace.  This is my grandmother's childhood home.  The place is gone now -- the land it was on became part of the Quantico Marine Base during one of its expansions.  

I am not sure when this photo was taken.  The plants around the porch and yard tell me this must have been in the summer time.  It is interesting to me that there are two swings on this porch.  I like the screen door and decorative accents on the porch.  The fence in the back on the right, the plants stands in the yard,  and the out building on the left are nice additions and complete the picture.  

No comments:

Blog Top Sites

Arts Blogs