The Barefoot Photographer®

a photography blog

Friday, April 30, 2010

From the Barefoot Files...

The past week was my grandfather's birthday.  Both of my grandfathers were born the same year and about a week apart.  This is the one who joined the Marines at a very young age.  He took a lot of photos.  I have his camera, light meter, and some of his photos.  In past blogs I have written about him and I don't know what more I could say about it.  As a child I spent a lot of time tacking through the woods with him and helping him in the garden.  We fished whenever we could in the lake at his property.

A couple days ago my daughter came to me to tell me there was a dead black snake in the road.  I brought it home and proceeded to do with it what I did to the copperhead a few months ago.  It made me think of him -- I used to help him clean fish and skin a deer (or at least he let me think I was helping).

No comments:

Blog Top Sites

Arts Blogs