The Barefoot Photographer®

a photography blog

Friday, August 13, 2010

From the Barefoot Files...


Yesterday I was talking to a friend and she was talking about vintage clothing.  We got on the subject of old coats and it made me think of this coat I brought home from my grandmother's house.  I love this coat and plan to wear it.  I have worn it a couple times in the past -- but not often.  It really has a nice vintage look and is in great condition.

I wanted to give this photo a vintage look.  It is not an old photo from my collection -- but an old piece of clothing from my collection.  I converted to black and white with Silver Efex.  I also added the pale vignette around the edge of the photo to help soften it and give it a little "age."  To really make it look old -- I could have distressed the photo -- but I did not want to detract from the coat.

Yesterday my photo of the day was a close up of this coat.  I guess the hot hot hot temperatures lately are making me want for cooler weather. 

No comments:

Blog Top Sites

Arts Blogs