The Barefoot Photographer®

a photography blog

Friday, August 27, 2010

From the Barefoot Files...


While going through the files this morning I noticed this photo and thought that I had not posted it before.  I really like this one a lot.

This is my father's father's older brother and his wife.  The photo was taken at a studio in Washington, DC sometime in the early 1900s.  He looks very stylish with the bow tie, hair cut, and glasses.  He could be in style now.  She looks very period with the dark dress, collar, pin, hat, and tie at the waist.  She would not fit in with present fashion.

I love the chair and the backdrop.  This photo reminds me a lot of another old photo I have of my mother's mother's father.  I featured it on the blog showing the progression of cleaning and "restoring" an old photo.

No comments:

Blog Top Sites

Arts Blogs