The Barefoot Photographer®

a photography blog

Monday, May 3, 2010

Slow Exposures 2010

The call for entries for Slow Exposures 2010 is out.  Deadline to enter is June 15.  Since beginning in 2003, Slow Exposures is an annual celebration of photography reminding visitors to "slow down" by letting the images surprise, educate, reacquaint, and challenge their perception of the rural south.  This year the show returns to the newly renovated R.F. Strickland building in Concord, GA.  Also new for this year -- the entry process is completely online.

For the past two years I have entered and had images accepted in for the Slow Exposures exhibit.  I feel honored and a bit lucky to have had that happen.  The show receives over 600 photos for consideration.  It is a major task for the jurors to select from such a pool of amazing photographs.  The founders of Slow Exposures were very helpful to me in getting Nature Undisturbed off the ground.  It was nice to know people who have been so successful at a photography event -- and to be able to ask questions!

The Slow Exposures committee asked me to help them -- it takes a lot of people to keep that show going.  I was pleased to be able to help them -- and so I am blogging for Slow with updates on show info, past and present juror news, past winning photographer news, and just all-round photography news for our area.  If you are a regular reader of my blog, check out the Slow Exposures blog and the website.  Online entry is easy -- I did it already so I would not miss the deadline.  I am also signing up for the portfolio review -- which is making me nervous already.

If anyone reading is thinking about entering -- you have a little over a month.  I printed the photos I was considering -- more than the minimum allowed -- and I weeded those down to the 6 I entered.  Photos on a computer screen can sometime look really good -- until you print them!  And of course, sometimes the computer screen does not do justice to a photo.

No comments:

Blog Top Sites

Arts Blogs