The Barefoot Photographer®

a photography blog

Monday, July 5, 2010

Peachtree Road Race


Yesterday I walked the Peachtree.  For those of you who do not live in Atlanta -- it is "the" July 4 activity just behind attending fireworks.  I walked -- mainly because there is no way I could run 6.2 miles and because I wanted to shoot photos along the way.  Above is one of my favorites.  Using storefront windows for reflections I catch myself shooting and my husband just ahead of me.  Our kids were along but on the other sides of us so you really don't see them here without some searching.


There were lots of people there -- not just the participants -- but those who were helping to make it a well-run event.  Taken from the Atlanta Journal's list of interesting facts:
  • 32 percent of the runners were in it for the first time
  • runners from 48 states and D.C. registered
  • 3400 volunteers
  • 700 portable toilets
  • 550,000 cups used
I can believe it about the cups -- the photo above does not do justice to the mounds of cups we saw along the route.  


Occasionally there were sprays of water that many found cooling.  In this photo, my daughter is heading toward the next one.  We had fun and probably will do this again.  It was a great opportunity for some cool photos.  I don't know if I would even take it so seriously to try to make a great time.  

No comments:

Blog Top Sites

Arts Blogs