The Barefoot Photographer®

a photography blog

Friday, October 2, 2009

From the Barefoot Files...

Thanks to my cousin Chris in Roanoke for sending this photo to me along with another one that I will use next week.

Everyone knows I love these old photos. I think some of the older ones that I love the most are photos of ancestors as children. Chris sent me two of those!

The photos today is of Chris' mother and my grandmother's sister, Clarice. I remember going to Aunt Clarice's house often as a child with my grandparents. She lived in Prince William County, Virginia. Aunt Clarice, my grandmother, and their mother were always making things -- sewing, crocheting, quilting, and baking.

Aunt Clarice was known for a variety of cakes. I have her recipes for Pineapple Pound Cake, Applesauce Cake, Chocolate Pound Cake, Coconut Pound Cake, 7-Up Pound Cake, and the one we all love -- her Vanilla Wafer Cake. In 1994 I put together a family cookbook. I am so glad to have this book and collection of her cake recipes. In the next couple months I am working on combining that cookbook with another one I put together a few years later. The contents of the two cookbooks will be combined with the vintage photo stories and photos.


Photobucket

No comments:

Blog Top Sites

Arts Blogs