The Barefoot Photographer®

a photography blog

Friday, October 16, 2009

From the Barefoot Files...


It is always handy when someone writes the year on a photo. On one hand, I wish the photo had no writing on it -- on the other -- I know this was taken in 1953. Some of the old photos I have include names beside people in the photos.

This photo is my Aunt Joanne and the mule. I don't know the mule's name -- she or my mother will tell me later. There are lots of things I could say about my Aunt Joanne -- but I better be careful since I know my mom will print this out and give it to her.

The first thing that comes to mind is that she is very entertaining. You will laugh when you are around her. She always has an interesting story to tell you. I can't tell you how many times she has yelled things out of a car window that would make you laugh and also make you want to slide down in the seat so no one could see you.

My aunt loves plants. I think she can grow anything. She knows a lot about plants. Over the years she has tended her yard and transplanted plants given to her, some she bought, others found growing on the side of the road. Her yard is a collection of native, and some maybe not-so-native, Virginia flora.

Her birthday is next week -- Happy Birthday Aunt Joanne!

Photobucket

No comments:

Blog Top Sites

Arts Blogs