The Barefoot Photographer®

a photography blog

Thursday, October 22, 2009

What'll Ya Have?


A nice thing about living in Atlanta -- The Varsity. The Varsity opened in 1928. It is known for chili dogs, onion rings, and a frosted orange. Of course the menu is a little larger than that. Sometimes I like a slaw dog, but I can't remember the last time I had one. The Varsity has been featured in many TV shows, books, articles and more across the southeast and the country. Like a slaw dog, I can't remember the last time I was at the Varsity.

The Varsity comes to me once a year. Our neighborhood has a party in the fall and The Varsity caters it! How convenient! The only problem is that the menu for the on location catering is limited.

When they come to the neighborhood it is a fun time to get some shots of the people working on the truck. I like this photo. The man in the truck looks like he has had a long day. He was very nice and he knew I was shooting him all evening. As the daylight faded, I got a nice glow from the light inside the truck. Since it was getting dark -- it was a good thing I had my 50mm lens on the camera. It is very fast and good in low light situations.

Photobucket

No comments:

Blog Top Sites

Arts Blogs