The Barefoot Photographer®

a photography blog

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Flurries -- a Second Look


Sometimes it is a good thing to dig back through photos.  

When I head out to shoot something -- I will have a preconceived notion of what photo I plan on working with first.  Most of the time it is the best.  Sometimes it is not.  The first flurry landscape photo I worked with, I liked a lot.  But yesterday I started looking at the others.  On the blog today is what I believe to be a better photo than the one on the blog last Thursday.  Today I printed this photo 10x15 on Ilford matte fine art paper.  The photo is awesome and would be even better printed larger.  This one has potential for contests.  Printed on the rag paper, it looks almost like a pen and ink drawing or etching.  The sharpness on the weeds, sticks in the water and bare trees in the distance is consistent and good.

I am glad I took a second look at the photos taken last Wednesday morning.

Photobucket

No comments:

Blog Top Sites

Arts Blogs