The Barefoot Photographer®

a photography blog

Monday, February 15, 2010

February Snow Day


The snow came to our house last Friday afternoon. Friday morning my daughter had a dentist appointment. The staff at the office were acting like kids in school coming to peek out of the windows to see if the snow had started yet. For fun, as we were getting ready to leave, I told one of them that the snow would start at 1pm.

Later that day I was out running a couple errands. As I sat in a drive through I thought I saw something fall. I was not sure -- so I kept looking. Nothing. Then something. Then another and another and yes it was just beginning to snow. I looked at the clock in the car and it was 1:06pm.

It is fun to get out to take photos in the snow. It does not happen here very often. Last March we had a decent snow -- I was able to get quite a few good photos that day. This time the snow started so late in the day. The street was getting a good cover around 5pm. The sky was very gray all day and the flakes were coming down hard the whole time. That night I watched the weather forecast. Saturday morning was going to be sunny. That meant I would have to get up early and get out there to get some good shots before the snow fell from all of the trees.


The photos on the blog are some of my favorites from Friday afternoon and Saturday morning. The photo at the top is my daughter, taken with a Lensbaby. The second photo is Saturday morning just as the sun was coming up. The color in the sky was very pretty. The next photo is Friday early evening as we walked Sadie. I love this photo -- the tracks in the slush; foot, tire, bike, and paw. And the last photo are the morning sun shining on trees in the distance with those in the foreground still shaded.

Photobucket

Blog Top Sites

Arts Blogs