The Barefoot Photographer®

a photography blog

Friday, May 14, 2010

From the Barefoot Files...


Since this past Sunday was Mother's Day -- it made me think about my children.  This photo was taken when my daughter was a couple months old.  Looking at the photo -- that could have been yesterday or it could be (and was) 18 years ago.  Until the styles change drastically -- there is not much to give away the age of a black and white photo.  In this particular photo -- there is not much in the way of style to give it away.  If it was a color photo -- you may notice the shade of the baby blanket that would date it or the color of my son's shirt (although I am really remembering it as white -- I could have been a pale blue or yellow).  The colors in the pillow pattern in the background might even steal part of the attention.  

I placed my daughter on my bed -- opened the blinds so we had soft window light and told my son to get next to her.  This has always been a favorite photo of mine.  It is hard to believe the baby is a high school graduate this month.

1 comment:

Jill King said...

I like how the black and white allows you to totally focus on the kids.

Blog Top Sites

Arts Blogs