The Barefoot Photographer®

a photography blog

Friday, August 28, 2009

From the Barefoot Files...

The man in the hat takes a photo in 1928.

My mother-in-law is center position, her mother is on her right and her aunt on her left. Her older brother to her left seems to be giving her direction. Another brother is in her mother's lap. Her baby sister is in her aunt's lap. To her right is her cousin (the aunt's son).

The question is who is the man in the hat? Is it her father? We think so. We don't have many photos of her father -- so we may count this one.

My mother-in-law is in town for a visit. She brought this photo to me yesterday requesting a couple copies. While she waited I took a photo of it and in just a little while I will print the copies. From looking at the baby we are guessing this is a springtime mini reunion in 1928 somewhere in north Georgia.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Vagabonde said...

This is an interesting shadow. We went to Plains 10 days ago and visited Jimmy Carter’s boyhood farm. As I was trying to take pictures of some of the markers, the shadow of my head was always in the picture. If I moved my head, then my camera was moved too far from the marker. I finally took a picture with part of my head in it.

Blog Top Sites

Arts Blogs