The Barefoot Photographer®

a photography blog

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Painting

I like to paint. I have not painted anything for a while -- been busy and not really had a good idea. Well, that is not really true -- I have had ideas that come and go -- but no real time to work them out.

This is the last thing I finished. I have had a love/hate relationship with this canvas. It has been about 4 different paintings before I settled on this, reluctantly. I did not really like it -- but I sort of liked it.

The painting has been leaning against the wall in the powder room for a few months while I decided if I was going to exercise the demons of the cursed canvas and take a knife to it -- or if it would grow on me. This morning it grew. I walked into the room to grab a tissue and looked at the thing one more time and saw it.

The Man in the Moon.

Immediately I loved the painting and was glad I had not knifed the man in the moon before I saw him.

Photobucket

No comments:

Blog Top Sites

Arts Blogs